LVMAC Scholarship Program
(For those from the Lehigh Valley)
Average Annual Scholarship is $1,000
Target Audience for 2014
1. Veterans of working age seeking meaningful first-time civilian employment
2. Veterans of working age seeking meaningful reemployment due to job loss
3. Children of Veterans
4. Children and Un-Remarried Spouses of Service members Killed in Action
5. Children of Non-Veterans who will make an active duty service commitment through ROTC
Deadline for Submission is 15 May 2014.
Application period begins 1 March 2014.
Eligibility Rules for Veterans Applying
The veteran applying for this scholarship must have:
- Entered on active duty (excluding active duty for training) since 1 August 1990
- Served in one of the armed forces of the United States (to include the Coast Guard during a period of war)
- Served the full period of active duty obligation unless separated for medical injury connected to military service
- Was honorably separated or discharged (meaning an honorable or general discharge under honorable conditions was received)
Application Instructions and Form for Veterans (for Download)
Eligibility Rules for Others Applying
The individual applying for this scholarship must be:
- A high school senior or student attending an approved training site (e.g. college or trade school)
- A child of a veteran who served on active duty since 16 October 1981; a child or un-remarried spouse of a service member killed in action; a child not a dependent of a veteran but enrolled in Advanced ROTC at a college or university for the purpose of completing an “active duty” commitment; or a graduating high school senior not a dependent of a veterans and joining an ROTC detachment upon entering college or university and intending an active duty commitment
Disclaimer: Children of veterans do not obligate themselves to any military service by applying for or accepting a LVMAC scholarship.
Application Instructions and Form for Others (for Download)